MAKE.MONEY.FAST===suggestion on how to make this disappear.

Fri Mar 25 11:38:09 EST 1994

Hi Dave:
	How about this suggestion which can make this kind of posting
disappear from the bionet without impinging on anyone's right to say
what they please as long as it is associated with science.
	As I have seen, there has been basically one or two kinds of
these "make money" letters being posted on the Bionet.  So why don't you
or have someone else write a program that checks every message for
certain key words that indicate that the message may be of that kind
When a message is posted on bionet, it should automatically go through
this program and get cleared.  If the program finds any words that
sounds fishy, it should bounce the message back to the sender and say
that the person has to get the message cleared through the administrator
(watch for the flame!!!!)
	As to who decides the key words or combinations that can identify
the message as a trouble, it is best if all the moderators and the people
who started the newsgroups can sit/link together and decide.  This way
no one is unnecessarily delayed to clear the message.
	So far, it is only the "Doug Rhodes" that you might have to eliminate
but as the time goes by, you may have to add few more key words to flag
and I think that once the message starts bouncing back, the poster will
be obviously discouraged in keeping it up...
	Let me know what you guys think of the idea..
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu
Univ of Pittsburgh