Instant bloodclot fesability?

DG Coombes u3f38 at cc.keele.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 06:33:09 EST 1994

Bernard Murray (bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov) wrote:

: I think that the principle is applied, but through the use of an impregnated
: gauze rather than an aerosol (which sounds a bit too much like something
: from Dr. McCoy ;-) ).  I'd guess that in a motorway pile-up a tourniquet would

: Bernard Murray, Ph.D.
: bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov (National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda MD, USA)

Speaking about Star Trek medicines, on a morning program a while back there
was a new syringe device that used compressed gas to deliver powder
medicines at 1000 MPH into the blood stream with no bleeding or whatever.
just like the Star Trek injections into the neck of patients to knock them
out when they're possesed, this device could inject whatever into the blood
supply to the brain and have a pretty instant affect.

David Coombes (u3f38 at keele.ac.uk)
(Insert old sig here)
Because if just one person reads it and gains a new perspective, or clearer
understanding, or a new sense of hope, it's worth it :)