Skeleton Preparation Methods?

goldsmig at cgsvax.claremont.edu goldsmig at cgsvax.claremont.edu
Mon Nov 21 15:14:55 EST 1994

I'm looking for information regarding methods and required materials for
preparing animal skeletons for display.  Some of these are from animals
recently dead, and others are found having been dead for weeks or longer.
I'd like to know how to prepare the skeletons without damaging what bone
is left (in the case of long dead animals) or what is the best way to
clean and prepare newly killed specimens (i.e., with the flesh largely
intact).  Any references to books commonly found in university libraries
would also be welcome.  Thanks very much in advance.

George