Chemical induced polyploidism

Mike R Braden Lugh at cup.portal.com
Thu Nov 24 19:21:46 EST 1994

I was just reading up on this subject and was wondering if anyone could help
me with some questions I had:
Which chemicals can be used to induce polyploidism in plants?
Is treating the seeds with a chemical from the question above enough, or are
	there further or more detailed processes necessary?
What methodology would one follow to induce polyploidism in plants?

If anyone can help me with these questions, or inform me as to where I can
find the answers, I would be greatly appreciated.  Please e-mail any responses
if possible, for it is difficult for me to follow the newsgroups.

Lugh
Lugh at cup.portal.com