Votes on new groups

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Mon Nov 28 08:17:04 EST 1994

Frederick Michael DOROSH (dekosser at marge.cs.mcgill.ca) wrote:
> 	It seems to me that if you really want a vote not to pass, then
> rather than voting 'no' you should boycott the vote entirely. If groups
> almost always get refused from lack of votes, then your 'no' vote might
> actually contribute to the success of the vote rather than inhibit it.

I can't follow you here. Groups get refused from a lack of "yes" votes,
not from a lack of total votes. So voting "no" is better than not voting
at all.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */