Votes on new groups

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Mon Nov 28 20:45:55 EST 1994

In article <3b9jv3$o8j at homer.cs.mcgill.ca>,
Frederick Michael DOROSH <dekosser at marge.cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:

>	It seems to me that if you really want a vote not to pass, then
>rather than voting 'no' you should boycott the vote entirely. If groups
>almost always get refused from lack of votes, then your 'no' vote might
>actually contribute to the success of the vote rather than inhibit it.
>
>	Sounds a tad crooked to me.

Please see my response just posted to David Bullock.  The system does
not work as mentioned above.

In another posting, David Steffen did his usual nice job of
summarizing the issues and I'm in agreement with most of what he says,
but am also open to discussion of other options as well.  Although I
am tempted to leap into the discussion further, I'm going to have to
bow out for now.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager