Gall Bladder (stone)

Jim Kirk chuang at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Oct 3 20:46:39 EST 1994

Hi everyone,
    I am still pretty new in this Internet deal, but fair enough to get
around to some places.  Right now I need some great help on finding
information on a case:
    My uncle, recently found out that his gall bladder, one of the
digestive organ that secrets enzyme (maybe peptide acid) to digestive
food, formed a stone about 2cm in diameter in size inside his gall
bladder.  One treatment was using ultra-sonic to blast the rock into
powder, but it will also destroy the gall bladder in progress.  So that
leaves him one option, perform surgery to remove that organ.

My question is:  Is there any other possibilities left?
                 Will there be any dramatic effect if the gall bladder
                   is removed?
                 Where on InterNet or Mosaic or Gopher should I search?
                   (General direction will help)
                 Any other suggestions?

Any info will be deeply appreciated.

(I will try to check this message base as often as possible.
(My e-mail address is :   chuang at lynx.cs.usfca.edu )

Jim Huang
10/03/1994