CALL FOR DISCUSSION: TIBS/bionet.journals.letters.tibs

patterson at patterson at
Thu Oct 13 09:32:21 EST 1994

> >It appears that .tibs is to be the first of many bionet.journals.letters.*
> >groups; how many, where will this end?  It all strikes me as a poor idea,
> >creating an exclusivity of readership and quite different to the prof
> >society groups.

I wonder if there is a need for moderation of this group at all, and why the
publisher of TIBS need be involved.  If we want a discussion group of TIBS,
or cell, or any other journal, why not just create one.  Are there copyright
or other legal issues that would prevent this?

Garth I. Patterson
Dept. Molecular Biology
Massachusetts General Hospital