CALL FOR DISCUSSION: TIBS/bionet.journals.letters.tibs

patterson at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu patterson at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 13 09:32:21 EST 1994

> >It appears that .tibs is to be the first of many bionet.journals.letters.*
> >groups; how many, where will this end?  It all strikes me as a poor idea,
> >creating an exclusivity of readership and quite different to the prof
> >society groups.

I wonder if there is a need for moderation of this group at all, and why the
publisher of TIBS need be involved.  If we want a discussion group of TIBS,
or cell, or any other journal, why not just create one.  Are there copyright
or other legal issues that would prevent this?

--
Garth I. Patterson
Dept. Molecular Biology