TIBS newsgroup proposal

John Nash nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Thu Oct 13 16:03:27 EST 1994

In article <37jk26$bkh at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
Jo McEntyre  <jmcentyre at etjgate.elsevier.co.uk> wrote:
>                      TIBS newsgroup proposal

>If something came up in the newsgroup that was particularly important or of
>broad interest, then it might be suitable for publication in TIBS journal,  in
>the Letters section, Computer Corner or, if approriate, maybe a section of its
>own. This would ultimately be an editorial decision on my part, but only, of
>course, if the people involved wanted to publish it. We already do a similar
>thing in terms of cross fertilization of media with the methds-reagnts
>newsgroup.

As you mentioned, the METHODS newsgroup has been participating in a
(rather successful) experiment along these lines.  Are you proposing a
similar sort of idea, except instead of being METHODS-based (really
molecular biology biased), it is biochemistry-based.  Since I like
what Paul Hengen has been doing in METHODS, I am interested in seeing
this take off elsewhere.  Paul, are you following this? Care to comment?

Secondly, if the newsgroup doesn't take off, could you still run a
similar sort of idea from bionet.general?

john
John Nash                          | Email: nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Institute for Biological Sciences  | http://cansnd.cisti.nrc.ca/~nash/home.html
National Research Council of Canada|  for an eclectic collection of
All opinions are mine, not NRC's!  |  WWW molbio and other services.