Summer research for undergraduates in Houston ?

David Voehringer ylek at utmdacc.uth.tmc.edu
Mon Oct 17 12:12:49 EST 1994

In article <37m4sv$1olj at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> jmedh at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu (J. Medh) writes:
>From: jmedh at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu (J. Medh)
>Subject: Summer research for undergraduates in Houston ?
>Date: 14 Oct 1994 09:34:07 -0500

>Hi,
>Are there any summer research training programs in the Houston area especially for undergraduate science students ? I am aware of grants and awards by scientific societies and universities/institutions for the purpose of encouraging young students into a
>research career. If anybody has information aboud such programs in Houston, the criteria for eligibility, application procedure, application deadlines etc., please reply to jmedh at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
>        I greatly appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks,
>jheem

While I was an undergrad I participated in an excellent program conducted
through the Univ. of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.  There are two
programs, with one based on availibility and the other based on acedemic
competition. I'm not sure when the deadlines are, but Acedemic Affairs is the
department that runs them (713) 792-5758.
David W. Voehringer
Department of Experimental Radiotherapy
Univ. of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Bvld.
Houston, Tx. 77030
(713) 792-3797