Barnacle research - researcher needs assistance

Shelle Campbell scampbel at rhs.brevard.k12.fl.us
Wed Oct 19 13:11:20 EST 1994

Student needs Assistance in Barnacle Research

My name is Rachel Henry.  I am in Science Research at Rockledge High, and I
am beginning a project using habanero peppers as a more environmentally
friendly antifouling ingredient.  I read an article, !Well, Shiver Me Timbers
and Pepper Me Barnacles,! by M. E. Cohen in Business Week (Science and
Technology), discussing a scientist that tried a similar experiment.

I have had a little bit of difficulty locating barnacle larvae, habanero
peppers, and cuprous oxide (the traditional antifouling ingredient).  I!m not
sure how to take care of barnacle larvae either.  If you have any information
pertaining to this research, or any other ideas, please respond.  I would
really appreciate any ideas or information that anyone may be able to share
with me. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Rachel Henry

Please respond to my instructor via e-mail:scampbel at rhs.brevard.k12.fl.us