peppers and barnacles

Gary Radice Radice at urvax.urich.edu radice at urvax.urich.edu
Thu Oct 20 05:59:35 EST 1994

I can't help with the barnacle larvae, but for the habaneros I have a
suggestion.  There is an anti-arthritic creme called Zostrix that
contains a measured amount (0.25%) of the active ingredient of habaneros,
a molecule called capsaicin.  I think this is a prescription medication,
but maybe a local pharmacist can tell you if there is an over the counter
version you can buy easily. The advantage of using this creme is that
you will know exactly how much you are applying.  Good luck!