Hot(Not) Peppers!

David Todtman ax948 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Mon Oct 24 06:46:12 EST 1994

My partner and I garden on the southeastern side of Vancourver
Island, British Columbia.  This year was a good one for
all of the hot weather varieties, including peppers, which
grew prolifically.  Our "reds" (cayenne & Hungarian) were
properly hot.  However, as in the past, the jalapenos were
as mild as bell peppers.  What gives?  Specifically, what
are the factors that determine how hot a pepper will be?

A post here with a copy e-mailed will be appreciated.

--
David Todtman, Ph.D.
Duncan, Vancouver Island