HELP: need protein analysis software

Patricia Rodriguez-Tome tome at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 07:09:50 EST 1994

>In article <385d0j$poo at kitten.umdc.umu.se>, peterl at umdix.umdc.umu.se (Peter Lundberg) writes:
>>In article <3837h7$emf at geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>
>
>> I need to compile a list of useful software for protein analysis,
>> including
>> price, and would be grateful for any ideas or opinions.
>>
>> Thank you, Steven Allen
>
>Try out:
>
>http://expasy.hcuge.ch/
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Recipon/
>ftp.embl-heidelberg.de
>ftp.camsci.cam
>
>...and please send me a copy of the list!

Why not try the Bio Catalog ? For the last ~2 years, we have been collecting
a software directory of general interest in molecular biology and genetics,
 and distributing it on the Internet. I am sure you will find a lot of information
there and because we cannot maintain this directory up-to-date without the help
of the community, we would very much welcome any corrections, comments or new
information : send it to patricia.rodriguez-tome at ebi.ac.uk

You can access the biocatalog at :
The text files are in the EBI ftp anonymous server :
URL is ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/bio_catal

A new version of the catalog will soon be available on the EBI Web server

Pat RT

Dr. Patricia Rodriguez-Tome		| Email:tome at ebi.ac.uk
EBI - European Bioinformatics Institute	| URL:	http://www.ebi.ac.uk
Hinxton Hall, Hinxton			| Tel:	+44 (0)223 494 414
Cambridge CB10 1RQ, UK			| Fax:	+44 (0)223 494 468