Colour of mollusc shells

Mr. C.S.Wilding osp086 at clss1.bangor.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 10:03:24 EST 1994

Does anyone have an idea of the causes (genetic/environmental) of variation
of shell colour in molluscs (I work with scallops but am interested in any
info.) and also on the pigments etc. involved. I have seen a paper on shell
colour being under genetic control in the bay scallop Argopecten but can
find nothing else. Any refs would be good.
Thanks, Craig.

     * 	CRAIG WILDING,		       E-mail: OSP086 at BANGOR.AC.UK   *
     *	SCHOOL OF OCEAN SCIENCES,      Phone: (0)248 351151 ext.2899 *
     *	UNIVERSITY OF WALES (BANGOR),  Fax:(0)248 716367  	     *
     *	MENAI BRIDGE, 	           				     *
     *	GWYNEDD, LL59 5EY,					     *
     *	WALES, U.K.						     *