We need more journals!

szcooley at chip.ucdavis.edu szcooley at chip.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 2 11:42:43 EST 1994

BIOSCI Administrator (biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET) wrote:
: > szcooley at chip.ucdavis.edu wrote:
: > : Why is it that we have such a small number of journals listed in
: > : bionet.journals.contents? Such a minuscule group makes reading it hardly
: > : worthwhile.
: >
: > Well, I guess its worth depends on how well it fits your journal profile
: > -- I am lucky in that many of the journals I scan are on it
: > (J.Bacteriology, Molecular Microbiology, Nuc.Acids.Res).
: >
: >
: > The Journal Contents are supplied to the group from the publishers;
: > if the publishers won't play ball, we're out of luck.  Pretty shortsighted
: > on their part, but we can't save them from themselves.

: As I replied privately yesterday, it costs them money to get this
: material sent out for posting and they have not always been eager to
: do so.  The commercial publishers, Springer the main exception, have
: also been harder to convince, but I continue to try.  Recent contacts
: with both Wiley and a part of Academic Press have not borne fruit
: unfortunately.

: >
: >
: > Does any one else find it ironic that TIBS is not in
: > bionet.journals.contents?
: >

: I asked them a number of times late last year also and never got an
: answer from them.

: 				Sincerely,

: 				Dave Kristofferson
: 				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

: 				biosci-help at net.bio.net

Would it do any good for a bunch of us to complain directly? Give me an
address. I would enjoy it!

#   Dr. Michael Cooley         Practice Random Kindness  %
%   mbcooley at ucdavis.edu    and Senseless Acts of Beauty #