Alternatives to a local Usenet server

Una Smith una at
Fri Sep 2 17:13:49 EST 1994

David Kristofferson <biohelp at> wrote:

> This discussion topic is actually something we debated doing a
> long time ago and decided against at the time; I have reopened
> the discussion with Dave Mack ...

That's great!  I'm glad that my persistence in exploring this
topic may lead to some real improvements for bionet.* readers.

> We will also, with NSF's permission, be looking into non-grant
> sources of maintaining BIOSCI as a non-profit operation in the
> future ...

I would like to know (and so would many other readers, I suspect)
what BIOSCI plans to do with the mailing lists, in the unfortunate
event that no financial support is available.

	Una Smith			smith-una at