Low Budget Funding

David_G_Muir at cup.portal.com David_G_Muir at cup.portal.com
Mon Sep 5 17:02:05 EST 1994

I teach at a small private university, with very limited facilities. I want
to start a small research project in marine ecology, for which I need a good
dissecting microscope with a drawing tube, plus  afew other supplies. I need
to raise about $10 000 dollars to purchase this, but am finding it very
difficult to get any funding- the mike is for my use only, not for teaching,
and there are no funding agencies that will just give out small grants like
this to a project starting from scratch. Now if I was asking for $200 000,
they might take me seriously! Does anyone have any ideas that might help?