Looking for DNA sequence for p53 gene

Francis Ouellette francis at borduas.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Sep 6 10:05:05 EST 1994

Piotr Kapiszewski (kapis-p at cs.Buffalo.EDU) wrote:

> I am posting this message on behalf of mother who is seeking information
> about:

> 	DNA sequence for p53 gene
> 		for human and/or mice

> She also asked me to query about "restriction sites".

Dear Kapi,

there are lots of copies of p53 in the database, and I just
noticed (as I was net-surfing at our colleagues new home) that
EMBL (EBI) has a p53 subdirectory in their anonymous FTP site
(which I stumbled upon via WWW).

the address for their anonymous FTP is:

FTP.EBI.AC.UK

(login as anonymous, and use your email address as your passwords)

The URL for the web page is:

http://WWW.EBI.AC.UK

look in the /pub/databases/p53 directory, I append the README.

regards,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

HELP P53

The service provided by the EMBL Data Library allows users to download the
files constituting the P53 database of p53 mutations in human tumors and cell
lines, produced by Monica Hollstein, DKFZ Heidelberg.

The following files are available in the /pub/databases/p53 directory:

        o p53.dat            - P53 database, flatfile format
                               January 1994

        o p53.tab            - P53 database, tab-delimited format for use with
                               Excel or other spreadsheet software

        o p53.ref            - P53 database references

        o p53.doc            - P53 documentation file

3-May-1994