Looking for DNA sequence for p53 gene

tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu
Tue Sep 6 13:58:40 EST 1994

Piotr Kapiszewski asks about the DNA sequence and about restriction sites.
	Endonucleases cleave DNA at specific sequences of base pairs--the re-
striction sites.  These are typically about six nucleotides in length giving
a probability of about one in 4000 (1/4 ^6) that a random string of six nuc-
leotides is the correct sequence (there may well be nonrandomness in genomic
DNA which could alter this probability).  As far as I know, each endonuclease
has a different restriction site, and I don't know the sequences for any of
them (I don't even know where to look them up, alas).
	I also don't know where to look up the p53 sequence.
					Yours,
					Bill Tivol