biopesticide degradation

Shelle Campbell scampbel at rhs.brevard.k12.fl.us
Wed Sep 7 13:57:47 EST 1994

        I am research student doing a project on the degradation of
pesticides. I am using the fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporium in this
particular experiment. The pesticide diazinon will be used, because of its
large commercial use. If I could get any information on any areas of this
research it would be greatly appreciated. I really could use some information
on what medium (water, soil, etc.) would be the most effective for the
Phanerochaete chrysosporium in the degradation of diazinon. Also, any
information concerning the length of time it take to create a genetic mutant
would also be appreciated. Thank You.

Michael Cruden