Structure of bionet

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Wed Sep 7 22:49:50 EST 1994

Bullock, David <bullock at kahu.lincoln.ac.nz> wrote:

>This seems to me to illustrate eloquently the benefits of a central
>administration.

Central administration of what?  Usenet is a distributed
network;  that network must be dealt with effectively by
all administrators who would see their pet hierarchies
widely propagated.  The issue of BIOSCI or no BIOSCI (and
I prefer BIOSCI) is irrelevant;  one or many, our use of
bionet.* depends on the work of hundreds of thousands of
Usenet administrators around the world.

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu