Restriction endonucleases

Stephen Marshall marshall at kauri.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Sep 8 17:29:59 EST 1994

In article <1994Sep7.093349.1 at leif>, vdrover at kean.ucs.mun.ca wrote:

>         If you want a list of RE and their recognition sites, check and
> biotechnology supply catalogue. Alternatively, drop me a line...I think
> I've got a small list as the information file of some program for finding
> RE sites in a DNA sequence.
>                                         Vic Drover
>                                         vdrover at kean.ucs.mun.ca
>                                         St. John's, NF.

Better still check out the REBASE as it is continually updated and is
available in a number of forms, including ones with references to the
original papers.

Stephen

(I have no connection with REBASE other than finding it _very_ useful)

How to find REBASE:

Organiz. : New England BioLabs (NEB)
Address  : vent.neb.com (192.138.220.2)
Databases: Rebase
           Directory= /pub/rebase
Contact  : Dana Macelis; macelis at neb.com

(From the FTP servers  list 1.7)
Name   : serv_ftp.txt
Version: 1.70 / December 10, 1993
Concern: List of molecular biology FTP servers for databases and software
Author : Amos Bairoch / Dept. Medical Biochemistry / University of Geneva
         bairoch at cmu.unige.ch

Macintosh Consultant                              Marshall at kauri.vuw.ac.nz
Victoria University of Wellington