phycology newsgroup?

James Mahaffy mahaffy at dordt.edu
Mon Sep 12 18:17:24 EST 1994

Neil Griffin (neilgrif at uctvax.uct.ac.za) wrote:

: For ease of use a newsgroup would be great....for some, I suspect.
: Others might be daunted by the technology :), or not have the
: facilities to receive NNTP newsgroups. Perhaps the ideal answer would
: be a linked newsgroup and mailing list, along the lines of, if I'm
: correct, ECOLOG-L and sci.bio.ecology.

Currently all bionet groups can be received or posted to by e-mail. I
get the sense that may not always be the case, but for now anyone could
get all the posts via e-mail.  I used it before our site became a full
internet site and we had a newreader running and the e-mail connection
worked fine. So a a bionet newsgroup will not eliminate anyone.

James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at dordt.edu
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250