phycology newsgroup?

Neil Griffin neilgrif at uctvax.uct.ac.za
Mon Sep 12 04:32:26 EST 1994

There certainly is interest, and this has led to a mailing list
initiated by Mike Guiry. If you want details on this please mail me.

For ease of use a newsgroup would be great....for some, I suspect.
Others might be daunted by the technology :), or not have the
facilities to recieve NNTP newsgroups. Perhaps the ideal answer would
be a linked newsgroup and mailing list, along the lines of, if I'm
correct, ECOLOG-L and sci.bio.ecology.

Neil

In article <34q50g$skd at garuda.csulb.edu>, slmanley at csulb.edu (Steven L. Manley) writes:
> is there any interest among you phycologists on the net for a
> phycology newsgroup? i was under the impression that the phycological
> society of america was going to facilitate the creation of such a group
> but i have seen nothing. i know there is a clamy group but we need a more
> general one. any comments?
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Steven L. Manley, slmanley at csulb.edu
> Dept. of Biol. Sci., Calif. St. Univ.
> Long Beach, Ca USA  90840-4806
> 310-985-1568; FAX 310-985-2315
Neil Griffin                    Tel: (+27-21) 650-3402
Botany Department               Fax: (+27-21) 650-3726
University of Cape Town         Internet: griffin at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Private Bag                               neilgrif at uctvax.uct.ac.za
7700 Rondebosch
RSA