info on acrolein

Sally Shrom sally at retina.anatomy.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 13 09:22:36 EST 1994

I have to use acrolein and I'm afraid of using it improperly. I understand it is
as bad as chemicals can get. I need to use a 1% concentration in a fixative in a
E.M. protocol processing a mouses retina. Can I just rely on my hood and standard
rubber gloves or do I need to be more extreme? Also. how do I store it in the
frig. Do I need to dessicate it?  Also,how do I dispense with the waste? Am I in
the proper newsgroup for my question or could someone direct me to the correct
group.