Vote unnecessary (Re: CALL FOR VOTES: BIOCAN/

Una Smith una at
Tue Sep 13 15:35:10 EST 1994

Jonathan B. Marder <MARDER at> wrote:

>Surely "No Moderation" is a type of moderation (by which all postings
>automatically pass). ...
>Can we amend the rule so that any 500+ professional bio-related society can
>choose whether to moderate or not? (This might save unnecessary votes in

As I understood David Kristofferson's original proposal for the
no-vote rule, it was to apply to newsgroups that were moderated
*because* they were strictly for the distribution of official
society announcements.

	Una Smith			smith-una at