Tuberculosis/firefly luciferase guidance needed

Shelle Campbell scampbel at rhs.brevard.k12.fl.us
Thu Sep 15 12:57:38 EST 1994

I am a fifth year science research student at Rockledge High School in
Rockledge, Florida.  I am doing a science project this year on Firefly
Luciferase and its  use with Mycobacterium tuberculosis.   What I want to do
is test  TB patients sputum to see if it is a resistant or non-resistant
strand of TB.  If it is resistant the light of the luciferase will be !turned
on!, if it is not resistant the luciferase will not be activated . This would
be a very valuable tool to determine treatments for TB patients. If you have
any ideas, suggestions, or references that would be of use to be please
respond.  Thank you for your  interest and help.
Thank you,
Moneka Jones

respond to: scampbel at rhs.brevard.k12.fl.us