Chinese Sparrow Experiment

Elizabeth Jaffee jaffee at med.uvm.edu
Sat Sep 17 04:42:14 EST 1994

(David Johnston) daj (daj at nhm.ac.uk) wrote:
: In a similar vein, I once heard a story that the shellfish fishermen in the
: Channel Islands were concerned that their catches were being threatened by
: the local starfish populations. So, everytime they trawled up a starfish,
: they ripped it in half and threw the halves back!!!!
: DAJ

: David A. Johnston
: Dept of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road,
: South Kensington, London SW7 5DB. England
: (tel 071 9389297, fax 071 9388754, email daj at nhm.ac.uk)

Arrghh! Sorry about coming in late but based on this post I would like to
know what the Chinese Sparrow Experiment was.  I am interested in these
kinds of stories to tell me students.  I think they are illustrative of
what can happen when you know only enough to get yourself in trouble.
Thanks to anyone who will help.

Roy Cutler
jaffee at salus.med.uvm.edu
rcutler at aol.com