Questions patch clamp work - Acutely isolated human glia cells

Philippe Lebrun plebrun at
Thu Sep 22 05:36:21 EST 1994

In article <35p1ov$php at>, heinz at (Heinz Beck) writes:
|> We want to build up a patch clamp setup that is going to be used mainly for whole-cell measurements of voltage activated currents in human glial cells and maybe acutely isolated cells. I would be very happy about information regarding isolation procedures|>  for acutely isolated cells in humans. I know there is a paper out for neocortical acutely isolated cells - does anyone have different protocols and is willing to share?

I have this one on hand: Mechanical and enzymatic isolation of mammalian CNS
neurons. Kaneda,M. Nakamura,H. Akaike,N. Neurosci. Res. 5 (1988) 299-315.
For references more specific to glial cells, try doing a search on the name Fraser
with "dissociation" in the title.

With regards to micromanipulators, an ordinary Leitz works fine for isolated cells.