Cancer Gene on #17 quest

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Tue Sep 27 00:53:13 EST 1994

I have a Middle school class and teach genetics. One of my students,
after reading the article about the Breast Cancer gene on Chromosome #17
asked me whether this was a Dominant or Recessive gene.  Since the
article said "gene" and not genes,  and since the incidence rate for
those that had it was 85%,  my thought was that it might be dominant
(although I understand that Dominance and Recessiveness may be terms that
are losing meaning now).  Anyway,  I'm interested in any response that
can make sense to my students.

You can e-mail direct to cwisnia at mhs.mendocino.k12.ca.us

Thanks in advance!--
||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||