Looking for software (UPGMA)

Warren L. Kovach WarrenK at kovcomp.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 09:39:20 EST 1994

In article: <366if7$3dr at bigboote.WPI.EDU>  bean at wpi.WPI.EDU (chrisTOPH BEAN)
writes:
> 	We are two biotechnology students currently studying under Dr.
> Joseph Bagshaw at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.  Our project, which
> is a graduation requirement for WPI, involves genetic variation among
> and between Limulus polyphemus (Horseshoe crab) populations along the
> Atlantic coast.  Consequently, we are looking for a suitable program
> to meaningfully analyize our data, which will be band sharing on
> autoradiograms.  We are looking for restriction fragment length
> polymorphism (RFLP), and we want to do pairwise comparisons.  If you
> know of any software that might be useful to us or where we might
> be able to find it, we would really appreciate a post to this group or
> e-mail at bean at wpi.wpi.edu.

My MVSP program for PC compatibles calculates UPGMA on a variety
of distances and similarities.  A shareware version is available
on all Simtel20 mirrors as /msdos/statstic/mvsp21i.zip

----
Dr. Warren L. Kovach              Internet: WarrenK at kovcomp.demon.co.uk
Kovach Computing Services                       CompuServe: 100016,2265
85 Nant-y-Felin                                tel./fax: +44-248-450414
Pentraeth, Anglesey, Wales LL75 8UY U.K.