NEW TX. MODALITIES/MALARIA

pbio2597 at altair.selu.edu pbio2597 at altair.selu.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:14:17 EST 1994

I AM NEW TO THE NET AND DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS, (IF NOT
WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHERE THAT IS?) BUT I AM KEENLY INTERESTED IN CURRENT
MODALITIES OF TREATMENT FOR PEOPLE LIVING AND WORKING IN SO.EAST ASIA SUFFERING
WITH MALARIA...MY HUSBAND TRAVELS FROM SO. AFRICA (ANGOLA/CABINDA) TO THE
PHILIPPINES  TO THE STATES ON A REGULAR BASES AND HAS MORE THAN ONCE BEEN
STRICKEN WITH A FLARE UP WITH NO ACCESS TO MEDICAL CARE...HE REFUSED TO TAKE
THE MEDS THE COMPANY SUPPLIES BECAUSE HE SAYS THE DAMAGE FROM THE MEDS INCLUDE
VISION LOSS AND HE CAN'T AFFORD THAT IN HIS POSITION...

ARE THERE ANY NEW ALTERNATIVES OR MEDS...SORRY I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE
STUFF THE COMPANY (TIDEWATER/CHEVRON) HANDS OUT BUT IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE
WE'VE DISCUSSED THE SUBJECT I CAN'T REMEMBER (HE IS IN MANILA NOW)...

LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP...

MARY AUTERY