????racially differentiating genetic disorders????

Keith Robison robison at lipid.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 2 23:26:19 EST 1995

Many genetic disorders are more prevalent in racial/ethnic groups,
for mostly undetermined reasons (though some may be due to
selective forces).  It would stand to reason that modifier
loci/alleles would also show non-uniform distribution with
regard to ethnic groups, but I don't know of any examples
off-hand.

As always, the place to search is On-Line Mendelian Inheritance in Man.
For what you are trying to do, I _strongly_ encourage using the WWW
interface

	http://gdbwww.gdb.org/

You'll probably have to muddle around a bit, but if there's data
on the subject it will be in there.

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University