Scientific Censorship and Evolution

Ed Rybicki ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Thu Apr 6 16:11:08 EST 1995

In article <322 at milton.win-uk.net> richard at milton.win-uk.net (Richard Milton) writes:
>From: richard at milton.win-uk.net (Richard Milton)
>Subject: Re: Scientific Censorship and Evolution

>Keith Robison wrote:-

>>Richard Milton (richard at milton.win-uk.net) wrote:
>>: characteristics. [10]  Moreover, as Sir Fred Hoyle has pointed

That IS Sir Fred, the noted molecular biologist and evolutionary scientist?
Or perhaps the astrophysicist?

>>: Fossil micro-organisms have been found in meteorites,

>>Not fossils.  Amino acids have been found on meteorites which are
>>skewed in their entiantomeric distribution, but not fossils.

>I'm afraid your homework is defective again.
>Viruses resembling _Pedomicrobium_ and influenza  were
>identified by Hans Dieter Pflug in a meteorite in 1981 (see
>"The Facts of Life" page 239 for further details).

RUBBISH.  UNMITIGATED AND COMPLETELY ABSURD RUBBISH.  TRASH OF THE FIRST ORDER.

Where DO you get this stuff...!  I wish it really were all that simple; we
wouldn't have to worry about where on Earth viruses came from...!