The Constitution

Patrick O'Neil patrick at corona
Wed Apr 5 22:17:50 EST 1995

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Ambiocom - Richard Dana wrote:

> I do research for a company. I should be permitted to exchange information
> with other scientists freely.

I would think that you, in fact, cannot exchange info absolutely freely
with other scientists since you do work for a company.  How would the
company react to you spilling trade secrets or providing information to
others, and potential competitors, before they apply for a patent on some
discovery or procedure?  You are free to communicate insofar as it
doesn't run counter to the interests of your employer.