SCHISTOSOMA/bionet.organisms.schistosoma PASSES: 158 YES to 2 NO

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Thu Apr 6 14:04:43 EST 1995

I am pleased to announce that the proposal below to create

SCHISTOSOMA/bionet.organisms.schistosoma

passed by a vote of 158 YES to 2 NO.

Thus the SCHISTO group has graduated from "prototype" to full
newsgroup status.  Please continue to use the current SCHISTO mailing
list until an announcement is made regarding the creation of the
USENET newsgroup and the second posting address at our Daresbury site
in the U.K.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net

Proposed e-mail addresses:    schisto at net.bio.net
                              schisto at daresbury.ac.uk

Discussion Leaders:

Werner Kunz             e-mail: Werner.Kunz at uni-duesseldorf.de
Christoph Grevelding   	e-mail: Christoph.Grevelding at uni-duesseldorf.de
Lutz Gohr               e-mail: Lutz.Gohr at uni-duesseldorf.de

Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet
Institut fuer Genetik
Universitaetsstrasse 1
40225 Duesseldorf
Germany

Telephones :    49-211-311-2333
                49-211-311-3070
                49-211-311-2408

Telefax :  	49-211-311-2333

Newsgroup charter:

Welcome to SCHISTOSOMA, a newsgroup created for the purpose of
information exchange between Schistosoma researchers. Scientists are
welcomed to participate in this worldwide forum for any kind of
information exchange as proposals, announcements, offers, the
discussion of various problems and requests for any biological
material or information concerning schistosomes. We intend to focus
the common interests of all scientists working in this area towards a
faster communication.

Formation of the intended newsgroup will provide :

- a source of quick help on methodological problems, practical advices
  and experiences.
- a forum for the discussion of ideas, problems and recent developments
  in Schistosoma research.
- a means for sharing strains, molecular reagents, etc.
- a further opportunity for collaborative efforts between labs.
- a bulletin board for any announcements concerning meetings,
  congresses or job offers, etc. in this field.

Topics should cover :

- Biochemistry
 - Culturing
  - Developmental Biology
   - Epidemiology
    - Evolution
     - Genetics
      - Host-Parasite-Interaction
       - Immunology
        - Medicine
         - Miscellaneous
          - Molecular Biology
           - Schisto update
            - Physiology
             - Taxonomy

The newsgroup is expected to run unmoderated, but we are willing to
act as current coordinators.