Help needed with DSC (scanning calorimetry)

fudgey U51141 at uicvm.uic.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:09:47 EST 1995

In our lab we are performing Differential Scanning Calorimetry experients
In most cases, we perform scans of our reference solution, and then perform
scans of sample vs. reference.  Data collected for both is the Excess Heat
Capacity.

We have noticed that scans of our buffer reference when plotted on
Origin v2.62 show a higher excess heat capacity than our sample of interest.
This is confusing since it is assumed that scans of the buffer (in which
the buffer is loaded in our sample and reference cells) would show virtually
0.0 cal/deg excess heat capacity.

Can anyone offer any assistance, please email me at
jovencio at icarus.cc.uic.edu     thanks