Scientific Censorship and Evolution

Wolfgang Wuster bss166 at clss1.bangor.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 03:01:49 EST 1995

On Sun, 26 Mar 1995, Richard Milton wrote:

> In article <maga-040495095812 at 130.60.120.10>, Giovanni Maga (maga at vetbio.unizh.ch) writes:
> >In article <D6GHnI.JF7 at jura.sasa.gov.uk>, odonnell at sasa.gov.uk (Kevin
> >O'Donnell) wrote:
> >> In article <322 at milton.win-uk.net>, richard at milton.win-uk.net (Richard
> >> Milton) says:

A reputable primary source, authored by that well-known evolution expert,
R. Milton.

> >> This sounds very interesting. Do you have a reference from a
> >> peer-reviewed journal for this discovery?
> >>
> >Dear Richard,
> >1) Which kind of virus is called Pedomicrobium? (It's a serious question, I

It's a bacterium, not a virus.

> >2) Don't you think that the enviromental conditions that can be found on a
> >meteorite (beside the heating occurred during its passage through the
> >atmosphere) would be a little challenging even for those nasty boys like
> >influenza viruses (but maybe you are telling us that they found *fossiles*
> >of viruses?)
> >3) Have you asked Dr. Quatermass what he thinks about that?
> >BTW, try to support your conclusions with serious scientific data, at least
> >with data that *sound* like serious. This is fiction (to be polite).
>
> Why don't you simply consult the reference I gave?

Because you give no reference other than your own book. Since the Pflug
(1981) reference you base your argument on is not in the Science Citation
Index, you would perhaps care to share it with us, so that we can
establish whether there is a grain of truth in anything you say. If you
will not provide the reference, we will just have to come to our own
conclusions...

Wolfgang Wuster
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor