Best programming language for biology students?

Forday Wayne Lee fwl at np.ac.sg
Sun Apr 23 20:01:49 EST 1995

In article <3mc8pq$ha4 at insosf1.infonet.net>,
James Mahaffy <mahaffy at dordt.edu> wrote:
:>Can you give me a feel for what is the computer language that
:>most biology graduate students program in?

In our course we teach Quick Basic. Students use programming in 2 areas
only

	-	RS-232 interfacing
	-	Solving DE's when simulating microbial growth curves.

We do not teach Visual Basic as there is insufficient time to devote to
programming. Rather, students spend more time learning how to use
spreadsheets and how to set up databases which are probably more useful
skills.

--
Wayne Lee Forday, Biotechnology Department
Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
fwl at np.ac.sg
Fax:467-9109