what is a yahoo?

Dr Jim Cummins cummins at POSSUM.MURDOCH.EDU.AU
Sun Apr 30 18:45:37 EST 1995

>        We've checked textbook after textbook, and for the life of us we
>cannot find out what a yahoo is? (Genetically speaking that is...)

Yahoos were Jonathon Swift's satire of the human race in one of Gulliver's
Travels.  They were protrayed as revolting animals as a contrast with the
noble horses or Houyhnhm's (sp?). Since applied in general to coarse
persons of bestial habits.  Plenty to be found attending "sporting "
contests such as boxing and prfessional wrestling ;-)

Jim "Spermatology rules o~ o~ o~ o~" Cummins

Associate Professor in Veterinary Anatomy
Murdoch University, Western Australia 6150
Tel +61-9-360 2668, Fax +61-9-310 4144
E mail <cummins at possum.murdoch.edu.au>
URL <http://Numbat.murdoch.edu.au/spermatology/spermhp.html>

"There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are
two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."