what is a yahoo?

DARBEN at REDASH.QUT.EDU.AU DARBEN at REDASH.QUT.EDU.AU
Sun Apr 30 17:15:57 EST 1995

On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, timothy e cassidy wrote:

> A Yahoo is a general term for the Australian anthropoid which is occasionally
> seen. Something like Bigfoot. Aborigines have many tales of hairy folk,
> spirit or real. Recently people have started seeing them and I believe
> at least one serious investigation is in the process. If this has peaked
> anyones curiuosity I can do more research and either send it to you, or post
> it.
>
> TCassidy

Surely you jest ? Unless you have your tongue planted firmly in cheek, I
believe the term you're looking for is Yowie. Mind you, I myself have
seen large hairy yahoos mucking about in the bush, but they're normally
driving four-wheel drives. If you like I could tell you the sad tale of
the Bobbitised Yowie of Kilcoy.

peter