micro-measurement of oxygen

Michael Robinson robinsoa at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 2 13:54:08 EST 1995

I am a grad student at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver,
Canada.  I am working with a parasitoid wasp which attacks Drosophila
melanogaster, and as part of my research I need to understand the
costs to drosophila larvae of burrowing deeper in the medium.  One
must be the lower oxygen levels at depth. I would be interested in
hearing from anyone in North America measuring 02 levels with micro-
electrodes, who might be able to let me drop in on their lab to do
some measurements of 02 concentrations at different depths in
decaying fruit.  I would also be interested in corresponding with
anyone working on drosophila nutrition or respiration.  Thanks.
-- Mike Robinson