Catching Moles?

awb at aber.ac.uk awb at aber.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 15:00:03 EST 1995

In article <3vvaq1$6f2 at grid.Direct.CA> Kirk Deutschmann <kdeutsch at Direct.CA> writes:
>From: Kirk Deutschmann <kdeutsch at Direct.CA>

>   I work on a 45-acre garden estate and we have a huge problem with MOLES.
>   Is there anyone out there who knows how to catch these pesky critters?  Maybe
>someone in your lab knows something?

>   We'd appreciate any help from anyone.  Thank you.

No idea, but there is a comedian in the UK called Jasper Carrot(t) who tells a
funny story about how to get rid of moles.  I won't go in to detail, but it
involves strapping a flashlight to your head, sitting in your grounds on a
revolving chair whilst cradling a shotgun, and waiting for the little critters
to start moving  to start moving around in the evening.   Don't do what Jasper
did though, and remember that the recoil from your first shot might lead to
you attracting the attention of the local police..................

On a more serious note, in the UK people do sell an ultrasonic probe that you
place in the soil and it drives them away.  I guess that you could try
playing them Guns 'n Roses as an alternative, or email me directly and I can
send you the ad. Personally, I don't think it will work!

Cheers
Andrew Berry (MmoleSci ;-))