Dishwashing - recommended machines - problems?

Ted M. tedm at
Sat Aug 19 23:38:27 EST 1995

In article <415ec1$rb2 at>,
pw at (Paul Wakenight) wrote:

> Are there any resources for industrial dishwashers that would be
> cheaper than the ones Fisher/VWR, etc sell?  Also, what are your
> criteria for clean, mol-bio ready glassware?  I have a tendency to
> be paranoid, but maybe everyone is.  Thanks in advance for opinions,
> etc.
> Paul Wakenight

Hobart makes some very tough machines for food service etc, they would
probably be fine for biological applications as long as you use a suitable
detergent (ie very rinsable) and had good clean, hot water (DI) They are
very fast as well.

Ted Michelini
Institute of Molecular Biology
University of Oregon