Cloning--a novel idea

Wolfgang Wuster bss166 at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 11:37:17 EST 1995

On 24 Aug 1995, Alexander Berezin wrote:

> I am not a biologist, but have heard that
> human blood cells DO NOT contain DNA.
> Suggest you check this first before going
> to Jurassic Park variation.

Mammalian red blood cells contain no nuclei, and hence no nuclear DNA (not
sure about mitochondria...). White blood cells do have nuclei. This does
obviously mean that the quantity of DNA in the sample is much smaller than
one might hope.

--
Wolfgang Wuster School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales,
Bangor, UK e-mail: bss166 at bangor.ac.uk

Thought for the day: If you see a light at the end of the tunnel,
it is probably a train coming your way.