Post Doc in Zooplankton Ecology in Greenland Polynya

Michael Riehl mriehl at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Fri Dec 1 13:10:02 EST 1995

                POLYNYA OPPORTUNITY FOR POST-DOCS

                 <<< This is a reannouncement >>>

One position is available for a post-doctoral fellow to work on
determination of rates of omnivorous feeding by copepods and
appendicularian tunicates in the Northwater Polynya, northwestern
Greenland. Our Canadian team of investigators has just been
informed that the funding decision on this grant will not be made
until January 1996. The field expedition to the polynya is
scheduled on the icebreaker Louis St. Laurent for April-June,
1996. This gives very little time between announcement of funding
and the field work. Therefore, I am interested in signing a
Letter of Intent with a successful candidate asap, pending the
announcement of funding in January. The successful candidate
would have to be able to move to Newfoundland in late January or
early February, and to go to the field from April-June, 1996. We
have requested 3 years of funding. Interested candidates should
send immediately a recent copy of their CV, along with the names
and addresses of at least 3 referees, to,

Dr. Don Deibel
Ocean Sciences Centre
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland A1C 5S7