Cell labs

Bo Meyer Bo1515 at pennet.net
Mon Dec 4 16:28:15 EST 1995

Here is something that I do, I have an edible cell day ion
class where groups of students must make a cell out of all
edible items.  The base is a naked cake which someone in their
group brings in to class then they must decide if they are
going to make an animal or plant cell.  A key to identify the
items used (M&M are mitochondria etc...) must also accompany
the project.  I go around and quiz the groups on the function
of the organelles and other cell parts.  A quiz preceding the
project works for me.  Good luck and let me know if you are
going to use it>  BO1515 at pennet.net