Shipping Insurance

Robert Suddith bobsudrk at wilmington.net
Mon Dec 4 15:42:04 EST 1995

We are preparing to ship frozen(-80C) bulk biopharmaceutical material fro Europe to the US.
Our concern is to insure the material against loss in transit.  Minimumally we would like to
insure the material for the cost of manufacture.  Ideally, we would like to insure the material for
the manufacturing cost and the potential loss of revenue due to loss of development time
should the shipment be lost or damaged in transit.

We have shipped smaller quantities of the material previously without incident; ie, on time
delivery with the material frozen and undamaged.  The shipping agent, shipping container
& packaging (dry ice, foam insulation), customs declarations, etc have been established,
 tested, and demonstrated to be satisfactory to assure prompt handling on the ground.

Does anyone havee experience with or know of an insurance agent for this type of coverage.

Please Email me directly your response in addition to posting to this group.  THIA