TURTLES

Jim Madden jmadd at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 4 23:00:29 EST 1995

Article: 18135
Newsgroups: bionet.general
From: Carlos Lobo <blobo at cc.fc.ul.pt>
Subject: TURTLES
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 16:03:54 +0100

    RECENTLY I BOUGHT 2 TURTLES
  DUE TO MY CURIOSITY AND MY IGNORANCE I'VE GOT A PROBLEM
  WHEN I GOT HOME I STARTED LOOKING FOR WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE MORE OR

LESS EVIDENT (DUE TO MAL INFORMATION OF A FRIEND) CARACTERISTICS THAT
MADE POSSIBLE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE TWO SEXES.TO MY DISSALUSION
THEY TO ME SEEMED THE SAME, AND KNOW I STILL DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE
MALE
OR FEMALE
 SO IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY FISICAL CARACTERISTICS THAT MAKES IT POSSIBLE
TELL THEM APART PLEASE POST ME ON IT
        PEACE               C WOLF

Dear Carlos,

The distinguishing physical charateristic between a male and a female
turtle is the lenght of their tails.  For example, I have had several
Eastern box turtles in the past five years and the male's tails are
approximately 1/2 inch in lenght and the female's are approximately 1/4
inch in length.

Come early spring if you have a male and a female it will be quite
obvious.  My male Eastern box turtles have proven to be very aggressive
at this time of the year.

If you have any more questions about your turtles you can E Mail me at
jmadd at netcom.ix

Good luck with your new pets!

Sincerely,
Lenore Stevens